Our Village

The Village Hall

St Michaels Church

St Michael’s and All Angels Church was endowed and built (1852-56) as an expression of Sir Frederick Ouseley’s commitment to the renaissance of English Church Music. The near-spectacular building by Henry Woodyer was richly furnished and decorated, and its high vaulted roof provided a fine acoustic. The genuine ‘Father Willis’ organ is widely recognised throughout the Church music world as outstanding, and regularly attracts many famous Cathedral organists and numerous visiting Choirs throughout the year. The Church also served as the Chapel to the adjoining College, which Sir Frederick Ouseley founded as a Choir School. Click to continue reading…

The Village Pond

The St Michaels Millennium Group was formed in the late 1990’s to find an original project to celebrate the Millennium. Permission was sought from the owner of the common to erect a tree in the pond and the National Lottery (Millennium Awards) granted £3,500 towards the project. The villagers cleared out and puddled the site of the former drovers’ pond in 2000 and commissioned local artist blacksmith, Peter Crownshaw, to design and create a stainless steel tree to mark the Millennium. The Group was also awarded a £500 prize for the project in a competition run by Worcestershire County Council. The pond and the surrounding area were planted with local wild plants under the guidance of botanist, the late Ellen Heywood-Waddington. Click to continue reading…

KITE – Our Good Neighbour Scheme

We aim to support the community of St Michaels by getting together a group of co-ordinators and volunteers to help people with a specific need. The service is free and the volunteers’s services and time is free but if expenses are incurred a donation will be requested. The scheme is not intended to replace carers and volunteers are no able to provide personal care. Click to continue reading…